WESLACO – Knapp Medical Center in Weslaco has expanded its visiting hours, with visiting hours now in effect from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Patients may have one visitor at a time during these hours.
The revised visitor policy allows more visitation while also continuing to protect patients during this time. Visitors will continue to be screened at the entrance of the hospital, and will need to wear a mask.
“Knapp Medical Center recognizes that the health and safety of patients, visitors and staff is our first and most important priority,” the updated policy states. “We further realize that visitation may be very important to the patient’s recovery.”
Other provisions of the visiting policy include the following:
- For women’s services patients in the labor and delivery and postpartum units, one visitor per day is allowed, all day, with no interchanging of visitors.
- For children in the pediatrics unit (under 18 years of age), one visitor per day is allowed, all day, with no interchanging of visitors.
- For Emergency Department patients, one visitor per day is allowed, regardless of the time of day, with no interchanging of visitors.
- In certain special situations – such as end-of-life situations and compassionate care situations – visitors will be allowed to stay with the patient throughout the day, limited to that patient’s room only.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors must enter the hospital through the Main Entrance, 1401 E. 8th Street in Weslaco, or through the Emergency Department Entrance, at the corner of James and 8th streets. The Emergency Department Entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, while the Main Entrance is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask and will be screened upon arrival by Security staff.
- In addition, visitors must NOT have any respiratory viral symptoms, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
The community’s support and patience is appreciated as the hospital remains committed to protecting patients during this time while allowing for expanded visitation.
Knapp Medical Center is an award-winning hospital and has been named in the top 10 percent in the nation for patient safety as well as orthopedic surgery. Knapp has also been recognized for 5-star care for hip fracture treatment, gastrointestinal surgery, appendectomy procedures, labor and delivery, and gynecological surgery by Heathgrades, a national company which specializes in information about hospitals.
For more information, please call 956-968-8567.
ABOUT KNAPP MEDICAL CENTER
Knapp Medical Center is an award-winning, not-for-profit hospital in Weslaco. With 227 beds, the community hospital specializes in emergency care, critical care, wound care, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, interventional radiology, and gastroenterology. Knapp is a Level III Trauma Center and Advanced Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has been providing quality and compassionate healthcare to the Mid-Valley since 1962. More than 300 physicians serve on the hospital’s medical staff. For more information, please call 956-968-8567 or visit www.KnappMed.orgor www.FaceBook.com/KnappMedicalCenter/.