Pediatrics – At Knapp Medical Center, we realize that a child’s hospital stay is stressful for both the parent and the child. That’s why our skilled and caring professionals work hard to make your child’s stay as comfortable as possible. We will work with your physician to provide exceptional, compassionate care.
At Knapp Medical Center, infants, children, and teenagers receive comprehensive care in a warm, kid-friendly environment.
For further information, contact us at 956-968-8567.
We encourage one adult family member (the caregiver) to remain with their child throughout their stay at Knapp Medical Center. This will help your child cope with hospitalization better. The caregiver must be 18 years of age or older and should stay in the room at mealtimes to help feed the child. This is important because most children will not eat when fed by the nurse.
- The caregiver will use a regular visitor pass during the day and may obtain an overnight pass from the nurses’ station.
- A new overnight pass will be issued for each day of the week.
- All other visitors must follow the general visiting hours and obtain a visitor pass from the Information Desk.
- Only the caregiver may spend the night with the child.
- Sibling Visitation may be granted from 7 – 8:30 p.m. (Please check with the charge nurse)