The Wound Center
Highly Comprehensive and Individualized Wound Care
Established in 1996, the Wound Center at Knapp Medical Center is a comprehensive outpatient center designed for the treatment of wounds that are either not healing or healing slowly.
The Wound Center at KMC provides a thorough diagnostic examination of the wound and the patient. A comprehensive and individual treatment plan is then developed and communicated to the referring physician.
Information concerning the patient’s progress is continuously submitted to the referring physician. The update even includes photos of the wound with a progress report at regular intervals. We can periodically evaluate and readjust our treatment plan as necessary to achieve a positive outcome.
For further information, contact us at 956-969-5185.
Download the Wound Center at Knapp Brochure (English)
Download the Wound Center at Knapp Brochure (Spanish)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Negative Pressure Therapy
- Biologic Dressings
- Compression Dressings
- Sharp Debridement
- Enzymatic Debridement
- Nutritional Counseling
- Comprehensive Wound Care
- Qualified Professionals
The Wound Center at Knapp has a team of qualified professionals in order to maximize patient care. These professionals include:
- Physicians with advanced training in comprehensive wound management and Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy.
- Nursing and clinical staff with advanced training in the care of acute and chronic wounds, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records and the health insurance process.
Indications for Referral Include:
- Diabetic Problem Wounds
- Selective Problem Wounds
- Arterial Insufficiency Ulcer
- Compromised Grafts and Flaps
- Decompression Sickness
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Exceptional Blood Loss
- Crush Injury and Traumatic Ischemia
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Gas Gangrene
- Thermal Burns
- Air or Gas Embolism
- Radiation Tissue Damage
- Brown Recluse Spider Bites
- Osteomyelitis (Refractory)
- Compartment Syndrome
- Post Radiation Tissue Injury
- Pressure Ulcers
Patients may not need a referral to The Wound Center at Knapp Medical Center, depending on their insurance provider. Contact our office at 956-969-5185 and we will be glad to let you know what steps if any, you will need to take in order to schedule the first consultation.
The Wound Center at Knapp
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m – 5 pm.
Available for emergent hyperbaric conditions after hours