WESLACO – Knapp Medical Center remains committed to the health of its community and is currently focused on lowering the risk of the novel coronavirus COVID-19. As part of efforts to help keep patients safe and lower the risk of COVID-19, Knapp Medical Center has implemented temporary visitor restrictions for its patients.
The temporary restrictions include the following:
- The hospital is limiting visitors to one (1) adult, with no inter-changing of visitors throughout the day or night.
- For a patient that is in isolation, visitation may be further restricted.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- Visitors must NOT have any respiratory viral symptoms, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Visitors should be prepared to answer screening questions related to symptoms, any contact with someone who has had a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, and any recent travel to a high-risk area.
- Visitors must enter through the Main Entrance or the Emergency Entrance only, and check with hospital security for screening.
- Visitation hours will be limited to 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The hospital appreciates the community’s support and patience as these necessary steps are implemented to protect patients. Knapp Medical Center recognizes the importance of visitation to our patients, their families, and friends and has established guidelines for the safety of our patients, staff and community. These guidelines are designed to protect the patients and others from illness and injury, to prevent deterioration of the patient’s condition, and to support the wishes and requests of the patient.
The community is also reminded of the importance of following precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control during this time, including hand-washing for a full 20 seconds, “social distancing”, and staying home from work, school or social gatherings if you’re feeling sick. Information about what to do if you’re sick is on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/…/about/steps-when-sick.html and at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
In addition, local information is available from the Hidalgo County Health Department at https://www.hidalgocounty.us/coronavirusupdates.