About Knapp Medical Center
About Us – Knapp Medical Center is a not-for-profit, acute care hospital, and a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity. Located in South Texas we provide exceptional healthcare services to residents of the Rio Grande Valley. Located in Weslaco, Knapp works hard to provide state-of-the-art technology, progressive diagnostic and treatment options, and patient-focused care.
Knapp Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Mid-Valley residents since 1962.
Today, Knapp Medical Center is a 227-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital.
Our Service Area
- Our Primary Service Area includes Donna east to La Feria and Monte Alto south to the Rio Grande River or what is referred to as the Mid-Valley.
Our Medical Team
- More than 200 physicians serve on the Knapp Medical Staff.
- Knapp employs more than 650 people and is one of Mid-Valley’s largest private employers.
- We also provide volunteer opportunities for more than 100 hard-working volunteers.
Knapp – A Recognized Leader
Throughout recent years, Knapp has been recognized as one of the best healthcare facilities in the United States in the various areas we serve.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award
- Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Labor & Delivery Excellence Award
- Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Excellence Award
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care
- Recipient of Healthgrades General Surgery Excellence Award for 2 years in a row
- Certified by The Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 6 years in a row
- Recipient of a Maternity Care Excellence Award and ranked among the Top 5% in the Nation for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row
- Five Star Rated for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row
- Recipient of Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement
- Five Star Rated for Joint Replacement and Total Knee Replacement for 3 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 4 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pancreatitis
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy
- Training Center for American Heart Association’s Certification Programs: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Why Choose Knapp Medical Center?
Healing, Body and Mind
Receive the care you need, from surgical care and wound healing to preventive care and services specifically for the seniors in our community.
Close to Home, High-Quality Compassionate Care
Get the care you need without traveling far from home. Our team provides top-quality care in your home community.
Emergency Care When it is Needed Most
Take comfort in knowing that the emergency care team at Suburban Community Hospital is here for you when you need us the most. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.